Joyce does just the most amazing job - her little spring dresses are just adorable! (some come with ...
Wonderful Yarns from all over
You will find a wide range of commercial spun yarns and several independent dyers/ spinners yarn.
Felters will be thrilled with our supply of books, tools and fibers.
Rug Hooking/ punch
Rug hookers will find beautiful hand dyed fabrics, and a wonderful drop-in for camaraderie.
Spinners/ Weavers too
Join us for Spinning Drop-ins and newly added Weaving classes on the schedule.
Our class schedules are available as downloads, see the workshops page, or pick one up in the shop.
Registration can be done online, or by calling the shop, but don’t wait, class size is limited.
Drop-in knitting/crochet sessions are continuing to grow and we welcome new folks all the time! So join us!
(Please note these are not classes but a social time to work on your pieces.)
Tuesday mornings 9:30-11:30;
***NEW*** Wednesday 10-12;
Friday Open Knit 2-4PM;
If you are not enrolled in a class and are in need of help, we offer two sessions. Tuesdays from 12-2PM ($10 session/ group lesson)
Be sure to call ahead for these sessions so that we can plan appropriately.
Don’t forget Rug Hooking Drop-in Thursdays 11-1PM
We offer various knitting and crochet classes for beginners and those more advanced, geared to both children and adults; Homeschoolers welcome, beginner knitters start with a checkerboard or sampler scarf and move on to other projects of your choosing while crocheters begin with basic stitches.
Also offered are rug hooking, rug punch, punch needle and felting classes, weaving & spinning. If you don’t see it on the calendar, call or stop in to talk to us – we are very flexible when it comes to sharing our passion!
Current rolling start beginner-advanced classes being offered:
On-going classes: Our Basic classes are being offered on an on-going basis – if there is room in the class, you are welcome to join in anytime!
Monday 5-6:30PM – Beginning & Intermediate Knitting
Monday 6:30-8:30PM – Intermediate / Advanced knitting
Tuesday 12-2PM – Knitting Help
Wednesday 6-7:30PM – Knitting (Beginner)
Thursday 12:30-2PM – Knitting (mixed levels)
Thursday 6-7:30PM – Knitting for Beginners & Beyond
Friday 12:30-2PM – Knitting (mixed levels)
Saturday 10-11:30AM – – Beginners & Beyond Knitting (on going class – great for kids as well!)
We are VERY EXCITED about our constantly growing list of glorious fibers which includes:
Yarns from Independent dyers/ spinners:
- A Hundred Ravens
- Anzula Luxury Yarns
- Artisan Yarns from Hampden Hills Alpacas
- Avalon Spring Farms
- Bashful Fibers
- Bay Ridge Dye Works
- Biltmore Wool Barn
- Claudia Hand Painted Yarns
- Done Roving
- Ellyn Cooper Yarn Sonnets
- Holiday Yarns
- Lismi Knits
- Mrs. Crosby Plays
- **NEW** Periwinkle Sheep
- Purple Fleece
- Plain View Farms
- Sheepish Handspun from Shrewsbury
- Space Cadet Yarns
- Sunny Knoll Farms
- The Alpaca Yarn Co
- Wonderland Yarns from Frabjous Fibers
- Yarns of Rhichard Devrieze
We also carry commercial yarns from:
- Aslan Trends
- Berroco Yarns
- Cestari Yarns
- Classic Elite
- Crystal Palace Yarns
- Debbie Bliss (Cashmerino & Paloma)
- Ella Rae Classic and SuperWash
- Feza Yarns
- Frog Tree (we still have some of their yarns but we are also carrying Sueno – same yarn different name!)
- Great Adirondack
- King Cole
- Knit 1 Crochet 2
- Knitting Fever
- Lana Grossa – which is quickly becoming one of my favorites – love their patterns!
- Lang Yarns
- Lucci Yarns
- Made in America (wonderful cottons/ nylon blend!!)
- Plymouth Yarn
- Rowan Yarns
- Skacel Yarns
- Sirdar (Crofter and Snuggly) and
- Universal Yarn
- with more coming in all the time.
Yarn can be purchased during all of our operating hours, but should you need expert advice, Ande, Anne, Beth and/or Shirley will be there to answer questions and help you out.
In our bright, spacious and friendly shop,
We hope to become your go-to spot for all your knitting/crocheting needs.
Be sure to check out our prices before ordering online ….
we might just surprise you!
Let us know if there are any other classes you would
like us to offer and/or an evening for Drop-in,
we will be happy to add to our schedule!
Cancellation & Refund Policy: We all understand that unforeseen things happen and we try to be fair to both you, the customer and to our instructors when a cancellation occurs.
If you need to cancel your anticipated attendance in a class/workshop, we ask that you do so as soon as your plans change:
- If your cancellation is 48hr or more, we will give you full credit for the class to take any other class, or to spend in the shop.
- If your cancellation occurs with less than 48hr, we will offer you 50% of the class fee towards any other classes we offer, or to spend in the shop.
If your plans change and you are going to miss a single class during a session:
- We ask that you call Craftworks or contact the instructor directly to inform us of your change of plans. We will try to work out a make-up with the instructor.
- If you are a no-show for an individual class, then that will count as a class and no refunds will be issued.
If you are going to be late to a class/workshop:
- we ask that you call ahead to inform the instructor.
- Instructors will wait for 15 minutes after the class start time for any latecomers, but will leave after that time if there are no other students in the class.